We value all our staff and reward them well for a job well done.
We offer a competitive salary and impressive benefits; not least an outstanding profit share scheme, unrivalled in this sector, designed to recognise the excellent performance of every team across the business. For our General Managers, this can be up to 100% of their salary.
In addition to the unique working environment and continuous professional development, we place great emphasis on helping to maintain a positive work-life balance for all our people. From day one, we know that you will feel ‘at home’.
Many of our people stay with us for many years, which is a reflection of the happy working environment we promote and work towards.
Most importantly, we offer job security. Barchester is a stable company which, through strategic planning, continues to grow.
Benefits at Barchester include:
- Pension - After three months employees will automatically be enrolled into Barchester's designated workplace pension scheme.
- Death in service - Financial assistance in the form of a lump sum payment to your next of kin.
- Life cover - An insurance policy which ensures you or your family receive financial support if you are injured or die in an accident.
- Childcare vouchers – Tax and N.I. efficient scheme to provide parents with help towards paying for childcare.
- Free learning and development - You will be given the opportunity to develop yourself and advance your career through knowledge, skills and professional qualifications.
- Offer to pay Tier 2 visa application fee for eligible nurses - If you are a sponsored non-EU national already working in the UK and want to transfer from another company to Barchester, we will offer to reimburse the Tier 2 visa application fee if you are eligible for sponsorship under SOC code 2231 - Nurses (excluding the immigration health surcharge and any dependent visa applications).
Reward and recognition
- Long service award - Recognition for service and commitment.
- Refer a friend scheme - Introduce a friend to Barchester and earn a generous financial reward.T&Cs apply.
- Employee of the Month and the Barchester Care Awards - Recognition of our committed people across the business for a job very well done.
- Profit share scheme - Unrivalled in this sector, designed to recognise the excellent performance of our care teams across the business. For our General Managers, this can be up to 100% of their salary. T&Cs apply; this scheme is applicable to certain roles only.
- £2000 Golden Hello for eligible nurses - From 3rd April 2017, a payment of up to £2000 will be paid to new staff joining a participating Barchester care home or hospital in a qualified nursing/ clinical permanent role. A £500 payment is made after successful completion of probationary period. A payment of £500 is made after 12 months. £1000 will be paid after two years continuous service with Barchester. Barchester reserves the right to change the participating care homes and hospitals included in this incentive at any time without prior notice.
- £1000 Golden Hello Relocation Payment for eligible nurses - A £1000 relocation payment is paid to new staff joining Barchester in specified qualified nursing/ clinical roles. The payment is made with the first month’s salary but must be fully re-paid if the employee leaves Barchester within their first 12 months of employment.
- Holiday and travel discounts – Generous savings on holidays through reputable tour operators, such as Thomas Cook, breaks, travel insurance and car rental.
- Retail discounts – Incredible savings of between 5%-10% at popular high-street stores, including: M&S, Sainsbury's, IKEA, Boots, Argos and Gap.
- Leisure savings - Including cinema visits, dining-out, attractions and Theme Parks and discounted health club membership.
- Vehicle benefits – Access to a variety of motoring offers such as breakdown cover and discounted servicing.
- Employee assistance helpline - Confidential 24hr counselling and legal information service.
- Face-to-face counselling - An alternative to telephone counselling.
- Online health portal - Online resource providing an immediate source of information on a range of issues.
- Best Docs - Access to the best medical support in the world so you can be sure you have the right diagnosis and treatment.
- Personal Group hospital plan - Makes a cash payment to you if you are in hospital overnight – anywhere in the world.
Depending on your role you could also receive; paid breaks, free parking, free food on shift, flexible working, free uniform, Quality bonus and the option to buy additional annual leave.