We value all our staff and reward them well for a job well done.
We offer a competitive salary and impressive benefits; not least an outstanding profit share scheme, unrivalled in this sector, designed to recognise the excellent performance of every team across the business. For our General Managers, this can be up to 100% of their salary.
In addition to the unique working environment and continuous professional development, we place great emphasis on helping to maintain a positive work-life balance for all our people. From day one, we know that you will feel ‘at home’.
Many of our people stay with us for many years, which is a reflection of the happy working environment we promote and work towards.
Most importantly, we offer job security. Barchester is a stable company which, through strategic planning, continues to grow.
Benefits at Barchester include:
- Pension - After three months employees will automatically be enrolled into Barchester's designated workplace pension scheme.
- Death in service - Financial assistance in the form of a lump sum payment to your next of kin.
- Life cover - An insurance policy which ensures you or your family receive financial support if you are injured or die in an accident.
- Childcare vouchers – Tax and N.I. efficient scheme to provide parents with help towards paying for childcare.
- Free learning and development - You will be given the opportunity to develop yourself and advance your career through knowledge, skills and professional qualifications.
Reward and recognition
- Long service award - Recognition for service and commitment.
- My rewards - Earned for outstanding contributions and excellence at work. Rewards points can be spent on a range of treats. It’s our way of saying thank you.
- Refer a friend scheme - Introduce a friend to Barchester and earn a generous financial reward.*
- Employee of the Month and the Barchester Care Awards - Recognition of our committed people across the business for a job very well done.
- Profit share scheme - Unrivalled in this sector, designed to recognise the excellent performance of you and your team*. For our General Managers, this can be up to 100% of their salary.
- Holiday and travel discounts – Generous savings on holidays through reputable tour operators, such as Thomas Cook, breaks, travel insurance and car rental.
- Retail discounts – Incredible savings of between 5%-10% at popular high-street stores, including: M&S, Sainsbury's, IKEA, Boots, Argos and Gap.
- Leisure savings - Including cinema visits, dining-out, attractions and Theme Parks and discounted health club membership.
- Vehicle benefits – Access to a variety of motoring offers such as breakdown cover and discounted servicing.
- Employee assistance helpline - Confidential 24hr counselling and legal information service.
- Face-to-face counselling - An alternative to telephone counselling.
- Online health portal - Online resource providing an immediate source of information on a range of issues.
- Best Docs - Access to the best medical support in the world so you can be sure you have the right diagnosis and treatment.
- Personal Group hospital plan - Makes a cash payment to you if you are in hospital overnight – anywhere in the world.
Depending on your role you could also receive; paid breaks, free parking, free food on shift, flexible working, free uniform, Quality bonus and the option to buy additional annual leave.